View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue, 2018/12/18 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Possible upgrade to OTFBrutusGUI 

Unread post Possible upgrade to OTFBrutusGUI
Hello, tateu. I just downloaded OTFBrutusGUI and it work just fine...for passwords. When it comes to keyfiles however, it has one small problem: i need to specify the very exact files. It's a problem for me because i have an encrypted file and used keyfiles for it. i remember the password but i don't remember which exact keyfiles i used for it and how many of them. i have 9 candidates for keyfiles which gives me 128 combinations to check. OTFBrutusGUI brute-forces passowrds but it would be awesome if it could "brute-force" keyfiles by taking a certain list of keyfiles and then trying all possible combinations of these files
The container was made using veracrypt, i hope it's not much of a problem since i found OTFBrutusGUI branch compiled for veracrypt in mind
I understand that this project is a bit dead but there's no alternative and it shouldn't be much of a problem to just run it in loop with different inputs (though if there's a way to write a bash/batch script that will pick up specified keyfiles on program launch, i can figure this out)

Thu, 2018/11/15 7:01 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Possible upgrade to OTFBrutusGUI
Sorry, I am not doing any more work on OTFBrutusGUI. Besides, for VeraCrypt, it is pretty much worthless since VeraCrypt significantly increases the time it takes to test one password.

Thu, 2018/11/15 7:11 pm
Profile WWW

I understand that. Unfortunately there is no alternative. You're my only help when it comes to keyfiles
All i'm asking is a small fix to automate this process or at least a hint on how to do it externally, for example with a script

Sun, 2018/11/18 3:57 pm
Site Admin

I'm not sure why users always seem to think their feature requests are small and that developers should implement them just for that reason. I don't know if i'd call this big or small but it's probably several hours of my time.

I work on a project, mainly for 3 reasons:

1) I will use it
2) I want to figure it out and will enjoy working on it
3) For money

1 and 2 above don't apply here, so that only leaves options 3.

EDIT:
I just took a quick look at VeraCrypt again...and it has 2 new encryption algorithms, 7 new encryption combinations and 2 new hash algorithms that I would need to add support for. Plus something called PIM which is a custom iteration multiplier. This is now a much bigger job. For the right price, I'd take it on but it's going to be pretty expensive.

Mon, 2018/11/19 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]