View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu, 2017/12/14 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
libstatusbar 

Unread post libstatusbar
I know that libstatubar is not your software, but it also seems that you stepped up and "rescued" it recently to make it work with iOS7 before the original developer officially updated it. I believe that one of your unofficial releases addressed an issue of the clock getting covered by overlapping text or icons, and I am having that very problem with the current libstatusbar, so I thought that you might have some insight.

The problem is that i use the WiCarrier tweak, which replaces the carrier name with the wifi SSID while connected. If I do NOT have libstatusbar installed, and the SSID is too long to fit on the left side of the clock in the status bar, then a part of the SSID name shows and it scrolls so that everything is visible. But when libstatusbar is installed and I am on a network with a long SSID, then the SSID name overlaps the clock (making both the name and the time unreadable) whenever I am on the lock screen, springboard, or in any stock apps. Meanwhile, libstatusbar and WiCarrier play nice in all of the App Store apps and Cydia apps that I have tried.

I attached two screen shots to illustrate how everything looks fine in the third party apps (cydia and app store) but looks wrong in the stock apps (and springboard and lock screen)

Is there anything I can do to get it working right in the springboard, lock screen, and stock apps, too? I find WiCarrier to be extremely useful, so I would hate to uninstall it, but I feel the same way about OpenNotifier.

Thanks!

Attachments:
File comment: Things look fine in this third party app even though the SSID name is too long (this is what it looks like everywhere when libstatusbar is not installed)
Third_party_app.png
Third_party_app.png [ 52.62 KiB | Viewed 10000 times ]
File comment: This screenshot from a stock app shows the ugly overlapping (this problem only appears when libstatusbar is installed)
Stock_app_overlap.png
Stock_app_overlap.png [ 37.81 KiB | Viewed 10000 times ]
Thu, 2014/08/28 3:24 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: libstatusbar
In the 5 minutes of limited testing I just did on an iPod they work fine together in all apps, the lockscreen and homescreen. If I were you, I would start by disabling (through iCleaner Pro) every Cydia Substrate addon except for libstatubar and WiCarrier. If they still don't work, your only option is to contact the respective developers. If they do work, start enabling your tweaks one at a time (through iCleaner Pro) until you find out which one breaks it.

Thu, 2014/08/28 4:39 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention in my original post that I already tried narrowing it down to a conflict with some third tweak by uninstalling just about everything else through cydia, but I went ahead and tried your suggestion using iCleaner Pro, and unfortunately, my problem persists even when everything else besides wicarrier and libstatusbar are disabled.

I will go ahead and contact the developers in case there is anything they can do. Meanwhile, I appreciate the recent updates you made to OpenNotifier, thanks!

Fri, 2014/08/29 10:38 am
Site Admin

As a test, I could send you a copy of an older version of libstatusbar that I compiled that tried to do a little extra to keep items from overlapping the time. I don't know if I'd recommend using it permanently, but it might be worth a try, just for the heck of it...

Fri, 2014/08/29 10:42 am
Profile WWW

I would certainly be happy to test that out, at least it might help to solve the mystery. If it solves my problem, then at least I can go to phoenixdev with a bit more information about why the current libstatusbar has this problem. If it doesn't solve my problem, then at least I know it is unrelated to whatever the extra stuff you did to prevent overlaps in that version
Thanks!

Fri, 2014/08/29 10:45 am

Thank you for the help, and for letting me try the alternative build of libstatusbar. Unfortunately (for me), it did not make a difference with regards to the long carrier name overlapping the clock. At this point, I will write to phoenixdev and hope that he can address this in a future update. I appreciate that you have this forum, so that I had the chance to discuss this, even though libstatusbar isn't even your software.

Also, just in case anyone finds this thread looking for info about the same issue, I tried removing WiCarrier and testing other carrier name tweaks (FakeCarrier and Springtomize) and found that the problem is not specific to WiCarrier, but rather is an issue with libstatusbar itself not working well with any carrier name that is too long.

Sat, 2014/08/30 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]