View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu, 2017/10/19 8:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
A thanks and a request 

Unread post A thanks and a request
Thanks a lot for OpenNotifier (2.1.1 beta 15). It works very wel on my iPhone. It's an absolute addition to my jailbreak experience. Thanks for the effort you put in development and sharing.

I tried various icons from earlier releases. They do not work in iOS 8.1.2. 'Just' the icons that came with the ON package. Any chance you will release some more icons for iOS 8.1.2 soon?

Sat, 2015/01/10 11:40 am
Site Admin

Unread post Re: A thanks and a request
No, I do not create icon packs but there are several 3rd party packs that work. This is one that I currently have installed: http://cydiaupdates.net/?f=1&p=com.modm ... s7iconpack

Sat, 2015/01/10 12:05 pm
Profile WWW

I know about that package. The icons in it seem a bit poor, or at least small, compared to the icons included in your ON package. Did you add the icons in your ON package yourself, or did they come from another developer? Those icons (like mail and messages) look better on my phone compared to the package you suggest.

Edit:
or maybe they are just a bit to small.

Edit2:
And they don't seem to work with me. I get a notification icon when using one of the icons packed with the ON beta 15 release. Selecting one of the icons from the icon package leaves me without notification icon.

Sat, 2015/01/10 12:29 pm
Site Admin

Size is fine on my 5s. The M4 and g4 icons are from that icon pack, the Envelope is from OpenNotifier. http://m.imgur.com/BIteF03

I added some of them, some of them were added by the original ON developer.

Sat, 2015/01/10 12:47 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, a reboot enabled the icons. A respring wasn't enough apparently. Thanks for pointing out the icon pack.

I was under the impression you were the orginal developer of ON. It is a project you continued?

Sat, 2015/01/10 12:54 pm
Site Admin

Yes, I unofficially took it over. When iOS7 came out, I tried to contact the original dev to find out if he planned to update it. I sent several emails over a few months and tried to contact him through twitter. He never responded. Eventually, I just downloaded the source code and started fixing it, myself.

https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/OpenNotifier
http://cydiaupdates.net/pkg/com.n00neim ... ennotifier

Sat, 2015/01/10 1:10 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, got it. Please, continue with your work :D As I said before, ON adds fun to my newly jailbreak experience.

Thanks for your support tateu.

Sat, 2015/01/10 1:14 pm

Hi, I did not want to start a new topic but wanted to thank you for your mail labeller application! I recently found it looking for an alternative to mail enhancer pro as that has not been upgraded for ios 8. It is a fantastic add on :) Any chance you might add notifications to your application or possibly update mail enhancer pro like you did for libstatusbar? I saw the rev was interested in have some help update it as they do not have the time.

Thank you again.

Tue, 2015/02/03 12:54 am
Site Admin

I don't know what you mean by "notifications." Mail Enhancer is not open source so I cannot update it.

Tue, 2015/02/03 11:34 am
Profile WWW

Tateu thank you for the quick reply. Sorry I was not clear, by notifications I was meaning have a custom sound per rule, so for a particular sender be able to play a sound, similar to setting a custom ringtone or text message sound. No sound would also be a great option for some senders! Not sure if that is an easy thing to add but wanted to ask if you were or would consider adding that.

Tue, 2015/02/03 4:55 pm
Site Admin

hoppers wrote:
a custom sound per rule, so for a particular sender be able to play a sound, similar to setting a custom ringtone or text message sound. No sound would also be a great option for some senders!

I now have this partially working...I'm hooking into the actual BBBulletin banner notification (not into the email, itself) so I'm currently only able to see the senders name and the subject. This means I cannot currently handle audio filters based on the senders email address, To or Cc fields.

I'll continue looking into it.

Thu, 2015/02/05 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

tateu wrote:
This means I cannot currently handle audio filters based on the senders email address, To or Cc fields.

I think I just figured it out. My first two tests have been successful in using the full set of filters exactly like they are used for the label colors.

Edit:
Hmm, it works when the mail is received in a GMail or Exchange account, but not when the mail is received in an imap account.

Fri, 2015/02/06 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

And it only works when you get a notification banner or a lockscreen notification. If the Mail app is open and you get a new email without a notification banner, the custom sound will not play. I guess it needs a ton more work...

Fri, 2015/02/06 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Tateu, thank you so much for looking at this, sorry it is not straight forward. I would be happy to take it with the limitations you outlined but understand that is probably not something you would want to release. If I am in the mail app I would see the email so not so concerned about that. The audio notification is to let me decide if I need to see that email now or if it can wait ;) I really did not expect you too look at this so quickly, I am very impressed sir! Much appreciate your efforts.

Sat, 2015/02/07 10:46 pm
Site Admin

If I can't fix it, I'll never release it officially but it works well enough for me so I'm sure I'll always keep it in there, although maybe as a hidden feature. If you want to test it out, send me an email through Cydia and I'll send you a deb file.

Sun, 2015/02/08 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]