View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun, 2017/10/22 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Password pattern syntax help 

Unread post Password pattern syntax help
Dear tateu,

After a few months of not accessing one of my containers, I can't remember my correct password even though I've probably used it 300 times. I've been trying to use the BrutusGUI txt instructions to create the correct pattern that I should be trying, but what I'm trying to do is a bit too complicated for me.

These are the parameters of my password that I remember:

1) it begins with "h43900"
2) it is between 12 and 20 characters long (I'm pretty sure it's about 18 characters long)
3) it definitely contains "ui" "!xp" and "AMD", but I don't where in the password they appear, nor in what order
4) it likely contains all, some, or none of "@" "#" "89" "$", but I'm not certain
5) there may be a few other characters throughout the password, but I don't think I'm forgetting more than 4 at most.

My best guess is that my password looks something like: h34900???ui?AMD!xp, where the ?'s are characters that I don't know, and I don't know where they appear (just put them in this example where I think I'm forgetting characters).

Any help is greatly appreciated. And thanks for writing this program!

Thu, 2015/03/26 1:00 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Password pattern syntax help
You'll likely never crack it. That's just way too complicated, you have way too many unknowns (items 3, 4 and 5 in your list).

If you knew your password looked something like h34900???ui?AMD!xp, you could use, h34900[a-zA-Z0-9@#$]{0-3}ui[a-zA-Z0-9@#$]{1}AMD!xp, but the only thing you are sure of is that it starts with h34900 so it could be:

h34900(a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l|m|n|o|p|q|r|s|t|u|v|w|x|y|z|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z|@|#|$|ui|AMD|!xp){3-7:1}

This would always put h34900 at the beginning and select 3 through 7 items with no repeats from the list of items contained inside of the parentheses. This would take approximately 87,000 days on my dual Xeon machine running 16 threads.

Thu, 2015/03/26 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

Unread post Re: Password pattern syntax help
Thanks so much for your response; this helps quite a bit because you cleared up the trouble I was having with how to input the password pattern. I'm going to try and get lucky by narrowing down what the missing potential characters could have been. Cheers!

Fri, 2015/03/27 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]