View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun, 2018/08/19 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Curve 8310 Memory drain? 

Unread post Curve 8310 Memory drain?
Hi Tateu and a huge thanks also for providing the new BB weather. I had the old versions and now have d/l the new one - with the updates providing information on the front screen of my BB.

However, this new version seems to eat my stored memory! I have changed the update parameters to minimum, and also confirm that the application is exited, not just closed. I don't leave any applications running in the background at all on the 8310, except the default ones for a BB - email, phone and browser.

Is there any way you can put a "manual" update choice on this new version? That way, I could choose when to update for the information. This would save my battery life considerably! It would mean of course that the screen icon wouldn't change.

Alternatively, and this can be an open question - are their any other things I can do to preserve memory? I clear my cache, memory and battery pull at least once a day.

Wed, 2009/08/05 1:01 am

Unread post 
In options, uncheck "enable home screen update" that should do the same thing you are wanting to do.

On a side note, applications that are not "running" can cause memory leaks, but more often than not it's the version of the operating system that you are running on your phone.

Wed, 2009/08/05 5:15 am

Unread post 
Thanks Brahma for your reply. I have unchecked that box, done a battery pull to reset memory to max. Let's see if that makes a difference.

I guess I have RIM to thank then, as on Sunday I reflashed my phone to OS 4.5 (I was on 4.2 I think) and that "improved" OS is probably the reason that the phone's memory - from staying around the 100-80 is now a more alarming 40-50!

Wed, 2009/08/05 6:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]