View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue, 2018/12/18 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
QTSource display TimeCode Track 

Unread post QTSource display TimeCode Track
Thank You for developing QTSource. It's been a great plug-in for our needs.

Recently, we had a project that required its use. So far the plug in has been working great. However I do have a question or possibly a feature request. We had to place a Time Code burn-in on our images. The QT files did have embedded TC information in the Time Code Track. We used the AviSynth commands for "ShowSmpte". This command worked OK, but we noticed some inconsistencies. The TC displayed didn't always match the QT TC track.

We are curious if there's a way to have this TC track displayed over the image or request a feature for this parameter in QTSource. In addition, changing the position and size of the TC track when its displayed.

I hope this isn't asking too much. I'm very humble to have this tool in our arsenal.

Thank You again for your work

Marcus

Mon, 2010/12/20 9:00 am
Site Admin

Unread post 
No promises, but I will look into it. I probably won't have time, though, for 2-3 weeks.

Do you know of any sample quicktime files available online for me to download that are in a similar format to what you are working with? Or can you post a small sample?

Mon, 2010/12/20 9:58 am
Profile WWW

Unread post QT sample files
Hello Tateu

I've just sent you a "yousendit" message. If you didn't get it. Here's the link.
The files are two QT's w/different codec & frame-rate. I hope this is sufficient for you to test with.
Let me know how else I may help

Thanks

http://www.yousendit.com/download/RlRxa ... aFEwTVE9PQ

Mon, 2010/12/20 1:02 pm
Site Admin

Unread post 
I got it. Thanks. I'll take a look, when I have a chance, and post back.

Mon, 2010/12/20 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Unread post 
I spent a little time working on this today and hacked together (what seems to be) a working solution.

I didn't feel like adding subtitle parameters directly to QTInput (I may do this someday, but I would probably need all the variables used by the AviSynth SubTitle function), so I wrote a little command line helper app that reads a Quicktime movie and writes out the timecode data to text files that can be used by the AviSynth SubTitle function.

Executable and source code:
http://www.tateu.net/software/QTSourceTC00.zip

One of the sample movies that you sent me and the output from the above program:
http://www.tateu.net/software/QTSourceTC00_Sample.7z

You can run it from the command line with:
QTSourceTC.exe "C:\path\your_file.mov"

Or you should just be able to drag and drop a movie onto the exe file.

If you drop "1-sample_23976.mov" onto QTSourceTC.exe, you will end up with 4 new files:

1-sample_23976_QTSource_SubTitle.avs
This is a sample avs file that demonstrates the overlay usage

1-sample_23976_QTSource_SubTitle_Range.txt
This is a text file used by AviSynth (ConditionalReader) which contains frame numbers

1-sample_23976_QTSource_SubTitle_TimeCode.txt
This is a text file imported by AviSynth which contains the TimeCode data needed for ConditionalReader

1-sample_23976_TimeCode.txt
Is not needed by AviSynth, it is just there as a clean printout of the file TimeCode.

Sun, 2011/02/06 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]