View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri, 2017/11/24 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
OpenNotifier 2.2.1~beta-19 and LeftClock 1.0.7 can't coexist 

Unread post OpenNotifier 2.2.1~beta-19 and LeftClock 1.0.7 can't coexist
Hi tateu,

I got in just in time to update my iPhone 5S from 7.1.2 to 8.4 before the signing window closes. I am very happy and thankful to see you are still carrying the torch for OpenNotifier.

I am finding there to be a conflict between OpenNotifier 2.1.1~beta-19 and LeftClock 1.0.7. If they are both installed (and "active" in iCleaner Pro, which I've been using to isolate them), the phone will not start up. The Apple logo disappears, and the screen stays completely black (still illuminated by backlight) and does nothing, and no re-spring "chime" either, until finally I am forced to restart in safe mode. Each one works fine on it's own, just not together. I hope this report can be helpful in some way!

Thanks!

Tue, 2015/08/18 10:16 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: OpenNotifier 2.2.1~beta-19 and LeftClock 1.0.7 can't coe
I have them both installed. There is no conflict.

Tue, 2015/08/18 11:10 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the report. I wonder what the problem could be on my end? I did try using iCleaner Pro to disable everything except for these two plus libstatusbar and I still could not get it to start up (no chime, just black illuminated screen). Is it possible that there is a conflict with something that would not get turned off in iCleaner Pro because it is not part of mobile substrate?
Thanks!

Tue, 2015/08/18 11:18 pm
Site Admin

There is a possibility of absolutely everything in the jailbreak world. We're all messing with things that aren't meant to be messed with. I just ran them both with everything enabled I normally use on my device. Rebooted twice, resprung twice. No issues. I can't help with an issue I can't reproduce.

There are reports of bluescreens and problems booting all over the 8.4 jailbreak scene and no one knows why.

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/sear ... r=on&t=all
https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/sear ... r=on&t=all

Tue, 2015/08/18 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the feedback. Fortunately, I got it to work! I uninstalled both, then deleted both net.tateu.opennotifier.plist and net.tateu.leftclock.plist, then reinstalled both, and it now starts up with both of them enabled! I definitely prefer the combination of these two to any of the alternatives (Protean is nice, but I do still prefer ON+LC)

Tue, 2015/08/18 11:38 pm
Site Admin

Did you delete the plists? Or keep a copy of them? If you kept a copy, can you send them to me? Maybe there is a very specific set of settings for each that caused your problem.

Wed, 2015/08/19 12:30 pm
Profile WWW

I always keep a copy when troublshooting :wink: I will attach and send a copy to your email (assuming I should use the forum@ address? let me know if a different address is better)

Furthermore, I managed to figure out what combination of settings can consistently recreate the problem by starting out with completely default settings and changing things one-by-one until I found the bare minimum set of conditions that lead to the issue. The attached plist files represent this bare minimum set of conditions, which is that the Alarm Icon is enabled in OpenNotifier while Enable Clock is enabled in LeftClock. If Alarm Icon is disabled, then everything works fine with or without any of the other icons enabled, and if "Enable Clock" is disabled, then everything works fine even with the Alarm Icon enabled.

Fortunately for me, I am fine to let the system handle the alarm icon, so I can leave it disabled in OpenNotifier and everything else works just the way I want it to!

Wed, 2015/08/19 3:17 pm
Site Admin

alkalifly wrote:
I always keep a copy when troublshooting

Me too. Sadly, most people don't and it often leads to problems when they start messing with system files.

Thanks for all of this. You've been much more helpful than most users. I'll take a look at it sometime in the next few days or so.

Wed, 2015/08/19 3:25 pm
Profile WWW

No problem! I used to work in tech support, so I have an easy time relating when I ask others for support, and I do my best to be a good troubleshooter. And now with the updated LeftClock, the Alarm Icon can be enabled in OpenNotifier and everything is copacetic. Nice! Thanks for all the great work you do

Thu, 2015/08/20 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]