View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue, 2018/08/21 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
QTSource error 

Unread post QTSource error
So I thought I'd check here to see if anyone can help.. Google hasn't helped for this issue unfortunately.

I've got the latest AviSynth ( 2.5.8 ) installed on a Windows 2003 Server. I've downloaded the latest QTSource.dll. I have no problems using AviSynth without QTSource.dll in the AviSynth plugins directory. When the latest QTSource.dll is in the plugins directory I get an error in the output:

Unable to Initialize Quicktime Environment -2093.

I don't get this error when using the old QTSource.dll (qtsource_25_dll_20060109.zip) from http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/.

Any thoughts on why I can't get the lastest QTSource to work?

Thanks so much,
Todd

Tue, 2012/01/17 2:32 pm
Site Admin

Unread post Re: QTSource error
What version of QuickTime do you have installed? Where is the QTSystem folder located? Mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\. Is the QTSystem folder in your path?  Open a command prompt and type "echo %PATH%" without the quotes. 

The error you are getting means that the QuickTime function InitializeQTML has failed and looking that up on google the 1st thing I found says that the QTSystem directory has to be in your path. 

Tue, 2012/01/17 2:58 pm
Profile WWW

I'm got QT 7.7.1 installed. It is located C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem and it is also in the path.

So it sounds like all that should be good to go. What is strange is that I don't seem to have any issues running the old QTSource.dll. So there must be something else flaky on my system because this shouldn't be a problem based on what you've said and everything I've seen available.

Searching the InitializeQTML call you mentioned seems to be mostly related to the version of QT installed and if it needs reinstalling. I can try reinstalling it but I don't think that is the problem considering I don't have problems running that old QTSource.dll.

Todd

Tue, 2012/01/17 4:24 pm
Site Admin

I just upgraded my QuickTime from 7.7 to 7.7.1 and everything still works here. I am using 64 bit Windows 7.

I don't know. I don't see anything different in the initialize functions between the old 2006 version and the newer 2011 versions. I know that Windows Server versions are not the best option to use as a desktop OS, though.

If it were me, I would definitely try a QuickTime uninstall/reinstall.

It's also possible, I don't remember for sure, but I could have compiled the newer version in Visual Studio 2008 which might require the c++ 2008 runtime to be installed: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... LSUS007998

Tue, 2012/01/17 5:39 pm
Profile WWW

Success. I "repaired" both the 2008 C++ runtime installation as well as QT 7.7.1 installation and after a reboot, got past the initialization error.

Thanks so much for the help.

Todd

Wed, 2012/01/18 12:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]